oranje - recent posts from my current home

Monday, November 12, 2007

The eleventh month

Ah November! The frantic pace, the cold, the back-to-back parties, events, openings and tasks. The eleventh month is just like the eleventh hour, with everything due at the same time and all of the things that you didn't have time for over the rest of the year scheduled, no crammed, into a few short weeks.

Here's what is happening -
I am starting a new job today at the Polish Hill Civic Association. Nice bunch of people, very homey, great neighborhood. Polish Hill runs between Liberty Ave and Bigelow Blvd, on the hillside above the Strip District. I am so looking forward to this. The Board President, Terry Doloughty, is enthusiastic and charming.

Last week, I started a p/t job with the brillobox. I love those guys, all of them. Janessa and Lou, who tend bar. Ben, their new cook, and of course Renee Ickes and Eric Stern, who own the brillobox. A very nice group of people.

I also submitted a proposal for Group A's Hide and Seek exhibit. Keep your fingers crossed, this sounds like a fun show to work on.

Did I mention happenings at Digging Pitt? After my return from a whirlwind opening at Agni Gallery, I started on the installation at Digging Pitt and Digging Pitt Too. Here is a shot at Too of my work and Bill Gusky's work -

PICT0064-tn

The exhibit is open, but the artists' reception isn't until December 8. The installation at Panza Gallery is complete, but I don't have any installation shots, sorry to say.

Anyway, I will probably forgo a lot of blog posting on Oranje over the next couple weeks. Things are just to frantic right now.

No comments: