oranje - recent posts from my current home

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

One good thing

On the corner of 44th and Butler streets...

A crossing guard was helping grade school children across the street. She cheerfully called out "Only one more day, my kids!" to each group as she shepharded them accross. She even complimented me on my street crossing skills. Even though we are probably just a couple years apart in age, I found myself caught up in her pleasure.

Sometimes, Pittsburgh strikes me as an antique town. So many people in my neighborhood know me. And I know so many of them. It's getting warmer. Soon, everybody on my block will be sitting on their stoops in the evening. It can take an hour to walk this block on a nice evening. Stopping to talk to Denise and Sandy, Beverly or Chrissy.

I can hardly wait.

No comments: