oranje - recent posts from my current home

Monday, April 17, 2006

a small life

Alright, so I’m procrastinating and writing in my blog instead of doing what I’m supposed to be doing today.

But it’s a beautiful day, and I don’t feel like working on my poetry project.

So I did a load of laundry

… listened to some music (Annie Lennox)

… went to the store.

… sent a few really frivolous emails

… made coffee

and now I’m doing this. And this isn’t really going to take long enough to occupy or satisfy.

hmmm

today I have a really small life, focused on day-to-day concerns. Seeing everything in the lens of me instead of the facets of them: sun on face, cool breeze, river scents, warm sweet coffee, harsh acrid smoke from cheap cigarettes, stiff back, bird song.

Yes, there are larger issues. But for today, I want only to rest.

No comments: