The first thing I did when I got to the studio yesterday was to trundle my dolly over to Typecraft Press to pick up a paper donation for an upcoming Origami project. Thank you, Typecraft! The paper is going to go a long way in helping with this project. In June, I'll be working with the Three Rivers Arts Festival to create giant Origami animals in their family area. It sounds like it's going to be really fabulous. I'll be posting more about this closer to the date.
I worked on my piece for the upcoming BARE II exhibit. I am posting some documentation pictures about the work as it progresses. I think in my last studio post, I mentioned that the piece is going to be a floor piece. I am working with a theme of the four elements in this work. At this point I am still considereing different configurations for the individual units. At far left is the interior structure of the drawer. At left is the drawer after the vellum drawings were affixed. There are two drawings with one having piercings. Two of the units are completed. I think this is more of a model for a future work. I think I might pursue this further.