oranje - recent posts from my current home

Sunday, June 11, 2006

TRAF - June 10









I did get the horse model mounted yesterday, with the help of two festival goers. We were a little short-handed at the Origami tent, what with all the chillun. So, I walked out into the middle of the common and asked two very lovely people to give me a hand. I told them about this blog, so if the two of you check in here, would you please send me your names? I either have to start carrying a notepad or I have to get better at remembering names. Here they are (left) after we had hung the horse. At right is the horse after it had been completely monted. The model is suspended from the branches and tied off at the bottom. This horse used two 9' square pieces of paper and was folded from the bird base. It has an internal support of foam core board and PVC pipe and is posted with a dowel rod. If you click on the image, a larger file will open and you can see some of the ribbon embellishment. I think I'll add additional embellishment today.

At left is Hongla's fishing bear. The bear was made from two sheets of 52" square paper and the boat from one 9' square piece of paper. She put a lot of time and detail into this scene. She added a fishing rod and about a half dozen fish. She mounted this display yesterday afternoon. I'll be checking on this and the other installations today when i get in to see if there are any missing pieces. I don't know what today will bring. During the weekend, there are four of us in the tent. I'll probably wait until Tuesday to start another large model. We won't have as many chillun around and not all of the origamists will be there at the same time.

No comments: