oranje - recent posts from my current home

Saturday, June 17, 2006

TRAF - June 16

The last large-scale project that I mounted is this lizard. He is constructed from twenty pieces of 32" paper. His body is made from a link fold. Installing him took quite some time because of the wind. I kept having to chase down the pieces. He is also anchored into the ground with wire. He seems to be holding up pretty well, even with the high winds.

Hongla put together this really interesting piece. It's based on a napkin ring fold. I think she is planning on adding some additional models to the installation when she comes in next. Which I thin is today.

I folded an elephant yesterday and worked on a way to install it. Hopefully I'll get it up before the end of the day today. Tomorrow is the last day of the festival, so everything has to come down at the end of the day.

No comments: