oranje - recent posts from my current home

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Heppenstall

I spent the afternoon wandering around Heppenstall with a friend. This video clip is about the sound more than anything else. I don't have movie editing software, so this is just gonna have to be an un-edited clip.

I think that the movie gives a much greater sense of the scale of Heppenstall, too. The Heppenstall mill closed down a long time ago. There are plants growing in some of the strangest places.

The building stirs a tension in me that I can't pinpoint. Today, the wind was very strong and you could hear creakings and groanings from all over the place. The structure seems to be planted with no foundation, just a dirt floor.

The smell is pretty strong. Dust and oil and rust and who knows what else.

More to come.

No comments: